Monday 9 July 2018

Monkey Business

I have a small troop of monkeys having some fun on my card today, swinging and dangling from vines made from twine....


I finally got around to colouring up these adorable little monkeys from Mama Elephant and to change things up I stamped them on Kraft coloured card. I've not really tried colouring on Kraft card and brown monkeys seemed to be an easy start point! I had already chosen the sentiment from Reverse Confetti's Monkey Business and stamped it on the card panel, then coloured and used the dies to cut five of the little guys out...


To make the vines I have used green hemp twine from my stash and coated it with Multi Matte Medium glue which helps you to train the twine into the curves and shapes you want. I adhered the loops of twine to the card with the same glue. To make green vines you can easily colour natural coloured hemp twine with ink or paint and leave it to dry thoroughly before using.

To make the leaves, I stamped out the vine from Swinging borders onto Kraft card and coloured the leaves with Polychrome pencils as well. Yes I did cut out all those leaves, not as fiddly as you'd think and they are quite simple shapes too.


It was fun building the scene, adding the monkeys and leaves to the vines using a combination of foam dimensionals and glue. I then layered the panel onto another piece of kraft card with a narrow border and then onto a cream card base. 


The images below are clickable links to the products I've used for this card..

                                    

                                        

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. Very clever - a super fun card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought of stamping on craft paper! and die cutting the Image... why not??? such a cool Card! thx! I will think of stamping on colored cardstock...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team