Tuesday 17 July 2018

Coffee and Craft



Yes Coffee and Craft... the perfect combination and ideal decoration for a mug too...


The mug is the Coffee Talk 2 die from Lil Inkers and its such a great shape. It's a fun size and takes pride of place on this 4x4 inch card base.... nice and big for adding decoration and colour. This Coffee and Craft quote comes from the coordinating stamp set called Coffee Talk 2 and I love all the typography stamps to add to the mug but equally they can be used on any project.

I have heat embossed the quote in white before sponging distress oxide ink onto the mug and spoon, the embossing resists the ink and just needs a quick wipe with paper towel to remove any residue.


I've teamed the mug up with Neat & Tangled's Crafting is my Jam stamp set to add some crafty accessories. I used the stitching stamp to white heat emboss a patch of Gingham paper. The cotton reel is stamped and cut out so I could wrap a piece of scrap thread around it which then threads through the needle.


By using two different size circle punches I have two different style buttons from the stamp set :)
I used a white gel pen to add detail to the buttons and highlights to the mug and spoon.

I love that this could be a greetings card to a crafty friend..... how about popping in a gift card to your favourite crafty store as a birthday surprise :)

                            

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. child resistant custom mylar bags

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team