Monday 16 July 2018

Colour Blocking

Hello, Gemma here today, sharing a card featuring colour blocking, This is definitely one of my favourite looks. I’m teaming it with navy and rose gold, a favourite colour palette of mine.


I took a piece of Lawn Fawn Blue Jay card stock, and trimmed it down to create two panels. 

On one panel, I added some stencil detail with the Altenew Scallop Builder stencil and Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink. This ink looks more light blue on the blue jay card stock, so if you wanted bright white, you could use versamark ink and white embossing powder instead.


I used the Lil'Inker Designs Deco Edges to add a fun edge to both pieces of card, then layered some rose gold glitter paper behind each, die cut with the same deco edges.

I added both panels to a white card base, then added a stamped sentiment from Avery Elle below, using a dark blue ink to match the card stock. The set I used is out of stock but here are a couple of lovely sentiment sets that I think would work well with this design: Reverse Confetti Birthday Wishes or Hero Arts Hand Drawn Everyday Messages Set.


I finished with some enamel dots in complementary colours. Some tonic nuvo drops or sequins would look lovely too.

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Altenew Scallop Builder

Hero Arts Unicorn White Ink

Lil'Inker Designs Deco Edges

Lawn Fawn Blue Jay Card


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team