Friday 27 July 2018

Off the edge Birthday Fishes

Hi, Tara again today with a super cute card featuring one of the new squidgies from Stamping Bella.  I'm a big fan of Stamping Bella as I love to spend time colouring her images as you can go simple or go for lots of detail too as they are nice large focal images and this little dude reminds me of my Dad as fishing was his hobby.


I used my home-made stamp positioner (a few blocks of lego) and got him stamped right up to the edge of my card and then I coloured him in with pencils.  Putting him right to the edge was important for my design as I wanted the fish to be "hanging" off the edge.  So I drew a pencil line down the edge of the card just inside the fish and used scissors and a craft knife to cut along it and carefully around any bits of the image that were hanging over.  I added a mm of white space either side of the fishing line so it wasn't too fragile on the finished piece.  You could get a similar effect with partial die cutting using the co-ordinating die if scissors aren't your thing.


I wanted to make it a birthday card so took a sentiment from MFT's Gill Friends set and after masking off the stamped image just repeat stamped it up the card to get a decorative border of sentiments.

To finish off the card I added a strip of patterned paper from the Fun Time pad from Reverse Confetti to the edge of the "inside" of the card.   Hanging elements over the edge of your card is a neat trick and not something you tend to find on commercial cards so it helps people know it was handmade for them.

OK thats' all from me today - I'll be back on Sunday with some more projects.

Tara




1 comment:

  1. Fishy cards are so popular right now and this one is so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team