Monday 2 July 2018

Letterboard Love

Have you noticed that Letter Message Boards are an 'on trend' accessory for the home at the moment? Well I was pleased to see them make an appearance in the crafting world too... basically what I'm saying is, I had to have the Letter Message Board die by Sugar Pea Designs....


They are good for any type of occasion but excellent for witty quotes or punny sentiments and this one is a classic!!
I started by stamping out the various shapes of lollies from Sugar Pea's Summer Scoops stamp set using different inks. I used selective inking and masking to get the shading and multi-colour effects. Dies are available but I stamped them out with lolly sticks in place so I just used scissors for the simple shapes.


The alphabet that comes with the letter message board is all joined as one die which actually makes life a lot easier!! I just keep it handy on my desk and run it through with any scraps of white card leftover from projects and put all the letters in a small box ready for another time. For this design I wanted to highlight the word ICE so I used Lawn Fawns Finley's ABC's which is unfortunately out of stock at the moment but will be here in a couple of weeks with Lawn Fawn re-stocks..... but any large simple font would work instead.

I love the striking look of the colours against the black backdrop. I think I will have a lot of fun with this die set 😉


  

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team