Monday 8 July 2019

A Cool Kiwi Day

Well seeing as summer is here I had to get these new dies into use, I love the Cool Treats die 
set from Concord &9th and I just had to pair it up with an older stamp and die set to make this juicy Kiwi lolly...


Now I've never tried a Kiwi Lolly but hey, it looks good for a summery birthday card and the key
to make your lolly look real is sandwiching the slices between two layers of vellum.

I started by using the Orange you sweet dies to make three kiwis... I just love the die that cuts the little seeds out!! 
I used ink blending to colour up the edges and centres of the slices then backed the seed area with black card. 
I added the little green hearts back in place but gave them a swipe on a white pigment ink pad first to lighten the colour.




The white lines are created by just inking the centre of the small orange segment stamp with pigment ink 
and stamping a few times, rotating the stamp to get a circular pattern..



The great thing about vellum is you can layer two different colours to get the shade you need so I used a yellow green and blue green to get this bright shade. I of course used Stick it to adhere the layers together, always a great invisible adhesive on vellum. I love how you can still see the detail on the slices through the vellum :)


I used the small cluster of seeds in the set to stamp a pattern around the edge of the square card base.. love the black and white against the bright green. For a sentiment I reached for the Cool Treats Turnabout set and used my Misti to ink the word COOL in a few different inks to mimic the kiwi fruit colouring... even adding a few seeds with pen!! 
The juicy bursts are made using an older die in my stash and cut from the left over vellum scraps.


Mmmm is your mouth watering too??
 Just think, you could make a citrus set of lollies too using the same set :)


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x







1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team