Thursday 18 July 2019

Thank you with magnolias


Hello all! Anna here. 
 I'm back with a new project - this time it's Thank You card featuring Avery Elle stamps.



My first step was to stamp almost all the florals from Avery Elle Magnolia stamp set on to watercolour paper. I decided to use Distress inks in pinks and greens for my colouring today. 


After my colouring was done, I went and fussy cut all the images. ( If you don't like cutting by hand,  there are also coordinating dies available here )
To create this ombre background, I decided to use distress oxides. I love the look of lavender colour picking from under the main floral. It gives the whole card completely different look from what it would look like with plain white background.

Before adhering all the flowers on to the background, I stamped a sentiment from another Avery Elle set - Floating Wishes stamp set - with black ink and added frame around my card panel. For that I simply masked off the edges, using masking tape ( you can also use post-it notes or washi tape ) and used dark grey Zig Real Brush marker ( You can use whatever grey or black marker you got ) to draw thick line.
 

After arranging all the florals, I used foam squares to adhere them in place and added a few clear sequins around for more interest.
This card is all done! 

 


Thank you so much forstopping by! I will be back with another fun project next week.
See you soon! 
Anna  




1 comment:

  1. It’s a really beautiful card Anna and I love the colours you have chosen to use. Really like the sentiments with this stamp set, they are not over the top. Think I need to add these two sets to my Wish List.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team