Sunday 14 July 2019

Let's Get Running!

I've got some really fun cards to share today using one of the new stamps from Colorado Craft Company's Lovely Legs collection.   Jenny and I both have lots of friends who run and have never managed to find any stamps of runners so we asked Amy if she thought she could add one to the lovely legs collection as you can't run without legs!  Thankfully she said yes and we gave her the ideas of what we wanted and "Runsational" is what she came up with - just brilliant! 
 

So once they arrived there really wasn't anything else I could consider using today now was there?

For my first card, I took the image exactly as it stamps and made a full scene which was lots of fun to colour (I used pencils)   I know some people are struggling with the lack of heads and where to stop - once you try the stamps its easy to just fade to white.


I added a green mat to draw eye out from where the scenery stops and then added the sentiments from the same set at the top and bottom - again this helps you with the fade out if you struggle as the sentiments block the edges for you.

I wanted to show however that you can use the stamps differently - the front two runners are just shouting "cut me out" so I did!


For the lady I coloured her in shades of purple and blue and and used those as the inspiration for the rest of my design.   I made the legs the letter "I" in my sentiment which was die cut using the fabulous new Impact Alphabet die from MFT which is just a brilliant sized alphabet if you want impact on your card.   The exclamation comes from the matching Impact Numbers Die which is the same height so can easily be mixed and matched with the alpha.



For the male runner I went monochrome so did the same for the die cut letters by cutting from white and ink blending black on the bottom (matching his shorts and shirt).  The hashtag comes from the Numbers Die.  I added a washi tape winners ribbon and some stamped lettering using the Birdie Brown Alphabet to finish which is currently on sale if you need an alpha stamp set and fancy a bargain.

Hopefully you can see now how there is a whole new way to use the legs collection when you set your scissors on them - I have some more coming up in a magazine next month that I gave the same treatment to so it works on lots of them not just the runners.




NEWS FROM THE STORE

We'll have quite a few releases in store this week:
  • Lil' Inker Designs latest release arrived yesterday and will be in store tomorrow
  • The brand new release (and lots of restocks) from Stamping Bella arrived too and we will get that online as quickly as we can but it's a big release and may take a few days.
  • The latest releases from Concord and 9th and Newton's Nook are in transit and should be here this week.
  • The new release from Altenew has been ordered and we're waiting for it to ship.
We will be out of the store on Tuesday afternoon as we have to attend a planning meeting to object to a development that will impact our business for 2 years if it is passed so it is really important we attend.

That's all for today - catch you next weekend.

Tara







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team