Wednesday 17 July 2019

Tropical Birthday Pals

Hello, Tallie here. I have a bright birthday card today featuring the Avery Elle Peek-a-Boo Summer Pals set. Perfect for our recent summery weather!


I started by stamping out the toucan, frog and flamingo (and their coordinating arms/legs/wings!) from the set with some MFT Extreme Black ink onto some blending cardstock. I coloured them in with my alcohol markers, sticking to realistic but bright colours. I cut these out with the coordinating dies.


On a white A6 top-folding card base I inked on some Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink using the Hero Arts Tile Pattern stencil for a subtle background. On three other panels, I used Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, Scattered Straw and Gathered Twigs, cutting these out with n MFT Inside & Out Stitched Circle dienamic and a Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border die. This I arranged in a scene over the stenciled background.


The sentiment is comprised of two parts. The first is a white heat embossed sentiment from the MFT Essential Sentiments set - this is a good staple for all sorts of greetings. The bigger 'birthday' sentiment I made by stacking several of the MFT Cause for Celebration dies, with the top layer inked with the blue Distress Inks I used on the background.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week!

Tallie


  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team