Wednesday 24 July 2019

Oh Deer! I've Missed Your Birthday!

Hello, Tallie here.

I'm back again today with a couple of my favourite Neat & Tangled sets. I was saddened to see the Oh Deer set is being retired, so be quick if you want it! I used this and the Lumberjack Love set to create these set of cards for belated birthday greetings.



I started out with some Distress Oxides inks, blending three sets of panels: (1) the sky in Faded Jeans, Mermaid Lagoon and Salty Ocean; (2) the grass in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn; and (3) the muddy hills in Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs. I die cut these with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border Die.



To create the scene, using some MFT Extreme Black Ink I stamped out the deer, hearts and large sentiment from the Oh Deer stamp set, along with the trees and stump from the Lumberjack Love set. I coloured these with my alcohol markers, using one of my favourite red/brown colour combos for the deer (E15/E19/E27/E29, E55/E53/E51) and die cut them with the coordinating dies.



I arranged the scenes, using foam tape to give some dimension to the sentiment pieces. Add a humorous message inside and these make the ideal 'oops, I forgot your birthday' cards!

Don't forget to take a look through the Neat & Tangled

Thanks for reading, catch you next week!

Tallie

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team