Wednesday 10 July 2019

It's a Wild Roar of a Party!

Hello, Tallie here!

Today I'm featuring the Mama Elephant Wild Roar stamp set. You all know I love these sets for practicing my alcohol marker colouring and, whilst they make take a while to finish, you have a feature piece to put straight on the centre of a card. It's a good way to get in some colouring therapy and make a card at the end!


I started by blending on some Distress Oxide inks in Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio onto a white top-folding A6 card base.


Whilst that was drying, I stamped out the main stamp scene from the Mama Elephant Wild Roar stamp set, a couple of birds and a tonne of leaves in some MFT Extreme Black ink. I coloured these in with my alcohol markers, trying to stick to the 'rule of threes' for choosing fur colour and placement in the bunch. Once finished, I cut out with the coordinating dies.


I popped up the animals with some foam tape and adhered it to the inked card panel. I arranged the leaves around the scene to make it look as though they are all in the jungle (though some of these guys may not necessarily come near a jungle in real life!).

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team