Saturday 10 November 2018

Birthday Card for a Dad

Hey stampers, Anni here.


It way my father’s birthday yesterday, he turned 80. The card I share today is the card I made for him. So I guess you can see that he is young at heart. That’s why I wanted to create not typical for an 80 years old man. And I didn’t want to put the 80 in the focus but I wanted to make it personal. So I decided to put his name on the card.



For the name I die cut the letters that I needed from blue card stock using Altenew’s Fine Alphabet Die. I die cut the letters several times and stacked them up to achieve some dimension. I love these clean and smiple letters but wanted a playful element for the card, too. I thought the animals from My Favorite Things’ The Greatest Show would be perfect for my dad and I chose the bear from the set.

I stamped the bear, coloured its fur with coloured pencils in brown but couldn’t decide which other colours to use.

So I continued with the background. I ink blended some shades in aqua and turquoise onto my piece of white cardstock and stamped some 80s in the same colour. The numbers come from Lawn Fawn’s Milo’s ABC.


With all the cold colours going on on my card the card needed a little bit of warmth. So I decided to add a little bit of pink to my card. I coloured the hat and parts of the unicycle of the bear in pink. To add even more pink I embossed the sentiment on a stripe of pink card stock. The sentiment from My Favorite Things’ Beary Special Birthday works so well with the image. I heat embossed it in white and that finished up my card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni



         




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team