Tuesday 27 November 2018

Starry Circle Christmas

Today I have a starry Christmas scene card to share, using some lovely products from MFT.


I thought the MFT Starry Circle would be perfect for creating a wintry sky, so began by die cutting the circle from a piece of white cardstock.

I blended distress oxide ink in Seedless Preserves and Faded Jeans on to the circle, flicked it with water for droplet details, then adhered both the panel and starry circle onto white a card base.

To add a snow bank, I found a circle die, from the Hero Arts Circle Infinity die set, that was the same size as the starry circle, and die cut it from white card. You could use the circle included in the Starry Circle die set, as they can be snipped apart, but I prefer to keep these connected.


I then used a die from the MFT Ocean Waves die set to cut the circle down to create my snow bank. Even though this is a die set for creating waves, there is a die included that I think works perfectly for snow. I added the snow on top of the starry circle.

Next, I die cut some MFT Winter Trees from green glitter paper, and adhered them just under the edge of the snow bank.


Finally, I white heat embossed a sentiment from the MFT Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set, before cutting out with a MFT Stitched Sentiment strip and adhering on to the card.

This card is another that could easily be mass produced, if you work on each stage at a time. I’ve also kept the dimension down so it’s easy to post.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma



MFT Winter Trees
MFT Starry Circle
MFT Handwritten Holiday



MFT Ocean Waves
MFT Stitched Sentiment Strips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team