Thursday 15 November 2018

Sparkly Happy Holidays Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

I've definitely caught the Christmas bug now. I'm even itching to put my tree up already, when it doesn't usually go up until right before Christmas!

I don't know what's wrong with me.

No matter though, if catching the Christmas bug early means I can play with gorgeous Christmas stamp sets already then it's all good. Case in point: the beautiful Altenew Starry Night stamp set. Last week I used just a sentiment from it, but this week I wanted to give that sparkly border a turn:


Stunning, right?! I love how this turned out!


I stamped the border twice and that was all it took to create it! I wanted to give a more frosted 'messy' look though, so I swiped my Versamark inkpad around the edges before sprinkling all my embossing powder on.


I stamped the sentiment then heat embossed that too, before using some Distress Inks to build up the deep rich red colour that is beautifully intense at the edges and lightening/brightening towards the centre.


Some splatters of water and glimmer mist and I was all done!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful & so Christmassy!!! I love itttt <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team