Sunday 18 November 2018

The big 5-0

One of my best friends turned 50 yesterday so my makes today were all for her.  First off her card, which was inspired by one Jenny made but hasn't shared on the blog - but I just loved the sentiment!





So as my friend is a mathematician I decided to emphasise the sentiment with a pie chart which I just made by die cutting 4 different colours of paper from a circle die and then cutting them all into quarters (so you can make 4 cards at once should you choose!)


I used the Bold Numerals Die from AlteNew to die cut my 49 from both patterned paper and 3 sets from navy card so I could get a deep stack.



The rest of the sentiment was spelt out using the Birdie Brown Alphabet and Numbers Die set from MFT.


I also made my own gift wrap as I couldn't find any wrapping paper with 50 on in the shops.  So I got out my trusty roll of brown paper, trimmed a strip to the size required, taped it to my desk and set about stamping it with Concord and 9th's Notable Numbers stamp.



It may look like a lot of work, but it actually stamps up quite quickly.   The trick is to stamp diagonally so you get a nice finish to the final wrapping.


Once it's wrapped and jazzed up with a bit of ribbon, plain old brown paper can actually love rather lovely!



That's all my makes for today.


NEWS FROM THE STORE

We got the Concord and 9th and AlteNew releases on Friday.  We'll get them added to store as soon as we can this week.

We also have a delivery from Hero Arts due this week.

Newton's Nook have a new release on Friday which should be here in time to release when they do.


Happy Crafting!

Tara






2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team