Monday 12 November 2018

Holly Jolly

Hello there, Jenny back again to start the week off with a couple of Christmas cards... I had to have a play with the new Holly Jolly die set from Wplus9...


Apologies the lettering looks fuzzy.... gold embossing doesn't play nicely with the photo lighting!

I love how this set cuts the letters and the outer frame too so I had a play around mixing and matching colours to go with these watercolour holly branches from Flora & Fauna. In the end I decided to heat emboss them in gold so I used a strip of masking tape to hold the letters inside the frame and liberally cover the whole piece in Versamark ink and pour over the embossing powder. Once heat set and cooled, I could remove the letters and adhere them onto the woodgrain cardstock panel and arrange the holly around them.


The holly branches are cut from watercolour card and loosely watercoloured with distress inks... their whimsy style suits the font of the dies well :)

So I was left with a gold embossed sentiment frame.. perfect for another card. This one is a small 4"x 4" card which is a good size for the sentiment to take centre stage ..


I cut a piece of black card with the shaped frame and placed it behind the letters. I then used the sentiment stamp from the coordinating set to add the rest of the wording along with a couple of spare watercoloured holly leaves. To add a touch of bling I coloured two clear gems with a red copic.... they compliment the metallic gold shine quite well :)

                              

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team