Friday 9 November 2018

Treat Yourself


Hello, Gemma here today. I’m back for my second post this week, so thought I’d share a non-Christmas card for a change. This card ended up quite summery looking, probably due to my colour choices, but it’s sure to brighten up someone’s day.


I got the Lawn Fawn Treat Yourself stamp set a while back, but have only just got around to using it on a card. I stamped the images onto white card and coloured with my alcohol markers, then cut the images out.

On my card base, I used the MFT Radiating Rays stencil. The MFT Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil would work very well too. I inked this over my card base with Squeezed Lemonade distress oxide ink. I then removed the stencil and added some more ink to the card base, as this softens the rays and helps blend them a little better, I feel.


I stamped the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Treat Yourself set at the bottom of the card, then added the images above. I used foam tape for the ice cream tub and spoon, to give this mostly one layer card some more dimension.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team