Monday 19 November 2018

Festive Knitwear

Hello and happy Monday to you all.... I'm afraid I have another Christmas project for you today because I just couldn't wait to use the Ugly Sweater die set from Neat & Tangled. Its my first stitching set and it's brilliant with lots of very useful dies for many Christmas projects...


I broke out my felt and used the set as intended to make a cute tree decoration complete with metallic stitching!! The holes in the pieces make it so easy to add detail and even though the gingerbread man doesn't have pre-cut stitch holes I found it easy to add detail.


He has a couple of black seed beads for eyes and two black knots as buttons. I cut the plain jumper piece from the set to use as a backing piece, they are glued together with a length of bakers twine sandwiched between for a hanging loop.

I decided to make a card to match so I can send them both to my cousin who I know will appreciate this for her tree...


The idea was hang the ornament in the aperture but I realised the card would look odd when it was removed so I replicated the jumper with card. The background is made using the Fa La La stencil from Neat & Tangled, I used pearlescent embossing paste through it which I tinted with light blue ink.


I used enamel accents for the gingerbread mans details... you could get the same affect with Nuvo Crystal Drops. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set and continues on the inside with the help from part of a Mama Elephant sentiment..


Here's the finished look....I will make a box to send this card :)


                                            
 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team