Sunday 23 September 2018

Autumnal Friendship

As the leaves are turning around us now, and the heating is on, its feeling very autumnal so I thought I'd make an autumnal card with the ADORABLE new deer stamps from Neat and Tangled as the focal element (do they remind anyone else of the Babycham deer adverts or am I just showing my age now!)


I started with my background, stamping the Thankful Leaves Turnabout from Concord & 9th directly onto a kraft card base using red, orange and brown inks and yellow embossing powder (as the yellow ink dried too pale so I just re-inked it and embossed it)

To add the circle for the deer to sit on, I used the new birthday balloon stamp, also from Concord & 9th as I love the "not quite perfect circle" shape and I liked the idea of having an embossed circle rather than a die cut circle for a change.

For the deer and the word deer I stamped onto vanilla malt card and coloured with pencils before fussy cutting (I use a finger knife for the centre of the letters), the friend word is stamped directly over the top of the embossed circle with versafine ink.  I love the expression on the deer - so cute!



NEWS FROM THE STORE

We will have the current release from Flora and Fauna in store early this week

Altenew have another release on the 27th September - not stamps  but I can't say what it is yet as they haven't revealed it - but we hope it will ship early this week so we will have it shortly after release (no restocks on this order as it was a last minute release we had to order quickly but we will also have the reinkers for the markers in this delivery)

We have also ordered the latest release from Lil Inker Designs - Laura has changed the way she releases now and has closed her wholesale arrangements with the majority of stores, but we were lucky enough to still be allowed to stock her.  From now on though we can only order once the release is available in her own store so we will get it a little while after and not on release day anymore.

That's all we're expecting over the next week or so, until all the new releases for October start again shortly!

Catch you later

Tara





1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team