Sunday 9 September 2018

Becoming a Classic!

Hello it's Jenny here with you on a Sunday morning. Tara had some last minute household business to attend to so we have swapped days and the usual stock arrival round up will be in tomorrows post too.

So onto my card today and it seems I'm still holding onto the summer vibes despite the autumn and Christmas products arriving in the store. This card was actually inspired by the fun sentiment from a Newtons Nook set called Birthday Essentials..


I've paired it with the awesome VW van die from Flora and Fauna.... a true classic. Love how you can layer up the van with coloured papers and metallics to create any colour combo .... I even added some bunting for that summer party feel.


I started by cutting a van in white card and added strips of double sided tape across the back to hold the pieces altogether then just added layers of the colours and patterns I wanted. The windows and headlights are tinted with distress inks and extra detail added with markers. The wheels are also coloured with markers to save cutting such tiny pieces but the bunting has been stamped and cut from patterned paper! I know.. quite fiddly, but I loved the pattern :)

The striped piece is a stamping scrap I had in my stash that was the perfect size but you could easily re-create this with patterned paper, stamping or stencilling.... just type Stripes into the search bar in store and you'll find some options.

       

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing up this camper van for ages Jenny but wasn't sure it was big enough. Seeing it on your fab card has helped enormously. Off to put it in my cart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey, yes this is a standard UK C6 size card so it's a perfect size :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team