Saturday 22 September 2018

Welcome Little One

Hey stampers, Anni here!

A friend of mine got a baby girl last week and I wanted to make a card for her. I LOVE to make baby cards, in fact Christmas cards and baby cards are my favorite to make. Of all cards I like creating cards for teenage boys and of course sympathy cards least.


I started by stamping the cutte little fox with an umbrella from Mama Elephant's Up an Away with My Favorite Things' Extreme Black Hybrid ink. I chose this ink because I wanted to colour with alcohol marker. Then I fussy cut the image (there are coordinating dies available).

When I make baby cards I like to personalize them and put a name on them. The little girl is called Nika. So I stamoed the letters using Lawn Fawn's Quinn's Abcs. I coloured them in the same colours I used for my focal image.


For the background I did some ink blending over My Favorite Things' Cloud stencil. I used inks matching the colours of the fox and the letters but in a much lighter shade. This way the image and the letters would not get lost on the background.

I die cut Avery Elle's Wonky Scalloped Frames dies from the background and a second time from white cardstock. I combined the white frame with the cloudy inside rectangle.

To go with the name of the baby I inked up a part of a sentiment I found in Avery Elle's Storybook. Actually the sentiment says Welcome Little One bt I wanted to say Welcome Little Nika.
Then I assembled the card.

So what about you? Do you have favourite occasions to make cards for? Let me know!

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


      
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team