Friday 21 September 2018

Reach For The Stars Watercolour Galaxy Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Friday!

I seem to be on a real watercolour kick lately. It's just one of the best mediums and so, so versatile.

I also love galaxy backgrounds. I usually create them with ink blending - but I felt like creating a watercolour version this time! So I decided to pull out the Altenew Watercolour 36 Pan set and put it to work!


Out of this world, right?! I love how this turned out!


I finally got to play with the awesome Concord & 9th Star Turnabout stamp set. This is one of the best turnabouts - totally up my street I stamped the turnabout 4 times and heat embossed the stars with a mix of white and glittery embossing powders.


Now it was time to play! I used a few of the pans in the Altenew set and painted my watercolour. The heat embossed stars just work so well with a resist technique!


Once my watercolour was dry, I painted over some of the areas with some diluted glimmer mist for some extra sparkle! The sentiment from the WPlus9 Little Dreamers stamp set was the perfect finishing touch!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. What an awesome card Taheerah.
    Really like the whole look of it.
    Captain Picard would say "engage"...and sent me this card ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team