Friday 28 September 2018

Bat Boxes

I've been making something a bit different to share with you today - without kids in the house we don't really do Halloween but we do do bats and I couldn't resist the tiny gift box bat add-on from Lawn Fawn so today I have a pile of glittery bat boxes to share with you!


I die cut the tiny gift boxes from the black glitter card stock in the Autumn Sparkle card pack from Lawn Fawn and then used the off cuts to cut out the bat face.

There is a really clever couple of dies in the set which when placed behind the face give you coloured eyes and mouth but white fangs!




You die cut the the large piece (not the feet) in the red circle from coloured card and then the blue circle from white and you can see one has a bump and one a dent so they fit together to get the due coloured mouth.

Alternatively you can inlay the mouth and colour the mouth leaving the fangs white.


I went all out glitter on my bats cutting the wings either from purple and orange in the autumn sparkle pack, or the green is from the Concord and 9th summer glitter pack.

You can either have little sticky-out wings, or bigger ones that fold around the box.  

I think they'd be great if you want to avoid over-sugaring the kids on Halloween as you could fill the boxes with coins instead and who could resist a cute little glittery bat!

That's all from me for today - see you on Sunday with something new.

Tara






1 comment:

  1. These are so fab and cute Tara, the bat box is on my wishlist :) Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team