Wednesday 19 September 2018

Watercolour Florals

Hello! Tallie here with some bright and cheerful watercolour inspiration.

The Grateful for Everything set from Concord & 9th is perfect for stamping out in multiples and just playing with the colour!


I started out by stamping the main floral stamp from the set onto some watercolour paper with some Versafine Black Onyx ink. This is actually quite a large stamp so I knew I would eventually be cutting down the panel. Once it had dried, I took out my watercolour paints and had some fun!


I think the secret to getting dimension is layers, building up the colour intensity to get the feeling of depth. I used bright, bold yellows, greens and reds with a cerulean blue wash for the background. Once dried, I added a few paint splatters to help bring the flat background to life.

I die cut this panel out with an MFT Stitched Wonky Rectangle and mounted it onto a side folding A2 card base made of Lawn Fawn Sunflower cardstock. To finish off the card, I stamped a simple sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Simply Sentiments set.


I made a bunch of these in different colours using different sentiments for a variety of occasions!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team