Thursday 6 September 2018

Life is Happy Floral Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

I always love playing with stamp sets in unusual ways. Not only does it help stretch those supplies but you also get to use some of those smaller images that may not have had their day to shine and have them take centre stage for a change!

I especially love doing this with floral images. The smaller florals can often be difficult to incorporate without getting lost. Well fear not little guys - your time has come!

I decided to pull out the Flora & Fauna Terrarium Bird stamp set and use just one of the floral images for a modern design.


I love how this turned out! Black with pops of colour is totally me!


I repeatedly stamped my floral image with black ink, then took one of the flowerhead stamps from the set. Instead of stamping the design I flipped the stamp upside down and inked up that side to stamp with. It gives them some great pops of colour that are uneven in shape - just what I was going for!


I heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and trimmed it out. I incorporated the pops of colour again by inking up a piece of cardstock with the coloured inks I'd used and trimmed some irregular quadrilaterals to back my sentiment! I adhered the strips and sentiment with dimensional glue gel for some variable dimension off the base. I love the fun little detail this adds!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. Oh so simple yet amazingly beautiful! Love this card so much, I always forget you can use the back of the stamps for the pops of colour - brain drain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team