Monday 24 June 2019

Big Blue Hydrangea

I'm sure I've said before that I don't normally make many floral cards... I love flowers and 
plants with many in our garden and have a few sets in my stash but they're not my go-to images.
Having said that I couldn't resist this huge Hydrangea image which is one of the new line of stamps from 
Colorado Crafts called Big and Bold.... and they certainly are!! 


I stamped the whole image in Shaded Lilac and Bundled Sage distress ink, trying to ink the flowers
 and leaves/sem in the correct colour but not fussing too much if it isn't exact as the watercolour will hide any
 overlaps. I then painted the whole image and used the shading on the stamp to guide me with light and dark areas. 


I went with a loose style and allowed the layers to dry before adding more. 
I finished off by returning the piece into my Stamping platform and re-stamped the whole 
image using Versafine Clair Morning Mist which made the image much crisper.

I used a square die to cut the final area I wanted to use on a 5"sq card and then heat embossed a sentiment 
from the Anything But Basic Encouragement Stamp onto a strip of vellum.
 I felt it didn't show enough so I used a wider strip behind it which gives a nicer finished look too.


These florals are great for colouring, there large size is great for that and
they cover a card easily but still have a Clean and Simple feel.

 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team