Monday 17 June 2019

For the Knitters

I have a make to share with you today that is ideal for those knitting fans out 
there using the Letterboard dies and Knit Wit stamp set from Sugarpea Designs...


This piece started life as a panel to go on the front of a card but when looking for some 
grey foam to mount it onto I found a piece with a magnetic backing and I decided 
to turn it into a fridge magnet instead!

I've just cut lots of letters using the alpha die in the Letterboard set and arranged the quote 
around the pile of knitting wool which are from the Knit Wit set.


Now I had to go back to the drawing board with a card to go with the magnet so I used two more balls of wool from the same set and paired them up with a sentiment from Mama Elephants Scripty Birthday. I used Distress oxides to stamp the words so they matched the Copics used for the wool and I extended the lines from the sentiments using other 
stamps in the set and the partial inking technique.


To balance up the design I used a small sentiment on a piece of textured card to look like 
a stitched label... adding a small dotted line with a stamp but could easily be done by hand too

I think that quote would work for any crafter whatever their crafting medium, lets face 
buying supplies is just as fun as using them 😉 

 
 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x




2 comments:

  1. The first card is pure genius - just sorted through my yarn stash yesterday, feeling slightly guilty at its proportions, so I feel like you caught me :-)
    Greetings, Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so FUN. My daughter has become an avid knitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team