Thursday 13 June 2019

Simple masking and watercolouring using Newtons Nook Peony Blooms stamp set.


Hello everyone. 
I'm back today with another card - this time I'm using Newtons Nook Peony Blooms stamp set and Altenew watercolours.  



I've started this project with stamping my florals on to piece of watercolour paper. To achieve the look I wanted, I did simple masking by stamping and cutting out additional flowers from post-it notes. You can also use masking paper or post it tape. When creating scenery, which requires masking technique, remember to plan which images going to be on the front and you got to stamp them first. Cover them with prepared masks and continue stamping. Add more masks if needed as you progress. 


After my stamping was done, I've coloured everything with Altenew watercolours in rainbow order ( Yes - I love rainbows!! ) by simply laying colour down where my shadows supposed to be the darkest and pulling it out with a water brush. I repeated the process until I was happy with the results.
My next step was to create the background, using ink blending technique and distress oxides in lovely pinks. I added texture by splatting clean water and gold paint with a paintbrush.



When all my images were dry ( I like to leave it aside to dry naturally, but you can also heat set it with your heat tool ), I've fussy cut them out and adhered to the background with foam squares to give the whole design much-needed dimension.
I like the look of white gel pen on coloured images - critters and florals - so I've added some here.
 The last step was to stamp a sentiment from the same set with Versafine Onyx Black ink and add few Nuvo drops.




Products used in this tutorial can be found at sevenhillscrafts.co.uk


That's it! Thank you for stopping by! I will be back next Thursday with another card.
See you soon!
 Anna  


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team