Wednesday 19 June 2019

Happy Birthday Chicks


Hello, Tallie here.

I have a striking birthday card featuring some homemade background paper and the MFT Birthday Chicks stamp set.


There are several products I use to create striped backgrounds like this one - the Altenew Classy Stripes stencil, the Concord & 9th Stripes and Sayings stamp or MFT Black and White Stripes Paper are just a couple of them. Six months ago I made a huge stash of paper using the MFT Bold Diagonal Stripes Background with my regular MFT Extreme Black Ink. I cut one of the pieces down and adhered it to a white card base. I also cut out a kraft cardstock circle using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle die to give a backdrop to my images.


Next, I stamped out the chicks and cake from the MFT Birthday Chicks stamp set and coloured them with my alcohol markers. I cute these out with the coordinating dies and adhered them in a scene on the circle.


For the sentiment, I die cut several of the Lawn Fawn Scripty Happy - one from red cardstock - and stacked them for dimension. To finish off, I white heat embossed a 'BIRTHDAY' sentiment strip from the Lawn Fawn Simply Sentiments set.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week!

Tallie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team