Saturday 29 June 2019

Penguins in Paradise

Hey stampers, Anni here!

It's summer time and I hope you're having a good time. To bring even more summer feeling to your house I have a beach card for you today.
One of my all time favourite stamp sets is My Favorite Things’ Penguins in Paradise. All these penguins are so cute!


I stamped the penguin with the swim ring in black and coloured him with coloured pencils. 
For the background I wanted something light and fresh. So I mixed some turquoise watercolour with a lot of water and spritzed it on the edge of the rectangle.

The palm trees from Lawn Fawn’s Tropical Backdrop are perfect to create a beachy feeling. I used the seperate palm trees and the grass (a very cute detail in my opinion) from this set and die cut them from coloured cardstock.
For the beach I took some beige cardstock and added some splashes of various brown colours.


The sentiment came from Mama Elephant’s Beach Chickies Set. I cut two banners of matching cardstock and stamped the sentiment on one of them and heat embossed it in white!

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!!
Anni

      

1 comment:

  1. I love your card. It’s so sweet. The composition and colouring are great too. What a fabulous idea to use a watercolour spritz for the background, it’s really effective and I love how you created the sand. A real inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team