Wednesday 11 September 2019

Big & Bold Rose

Hello, Tallie here. I'm back today with this big, bold and beautiful rose sympathy card featuring the Colorado Craft Company Big & Bold Sympathy Friendship Rose set. By now you know I'm all about the alcohol marker colouring, and this set is really fantastic for practising.



I felt like this should be a no-line colouring card so I stamped the big rose out with some MFT Grout Grey Hybrid Ink onto some blending cardstock. I used some muted pink and olive greens to colour in the image, with a couple of lighter greens for the background.


My tips for colouring no-line. 1) You don't have the dark black line so you need to start with your darkest colours at the line, fading out to the lightest colours. 2) Be careful to keep some separation between two darker sections otherwise it will blur into one. 3) White pen is your friend if you get too dark!


I stamped out the big sentiment from the set in some Nocturne Versafine Clair Ink Pad. I added some black, white and green paint splatters to tie the sentiment in and fill some of the blank spaces.

A few touches of white gel pen brighten up some of the lighter areas and give some more contrast.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team