Wednesday 18 September 2019

Birthday Blooms

Hello, Tallie here. I'm back today with one of my favourite floral sets: Concord & 9th's Grateful for Everything. I have used this set multiple times but never get bored of colouring or creating differently themed cards. Today, it's a birthday card and I've paired it with the MFT Bitty Birthday Wishes set for a great sentiment.


I started out by stamping the spray of flowers in some MFT Extreme Black Ink onto some blending card stock. I coloured these in with my alcohol markers, sticking to bright reds and a couple of different shades of green for the leaves. I've coloured this stamp in quite a few times and have found that it looks a lot better if you get some really deep colour into the centre of the flower, so I deepened up the shadows with some darker grey markers. I added some black gel pen to add some raised dimension for the inner flower.


I used some blue-green markers to colour in the background, going deeper with the colours immediately around the flower and leaves to give some dimension. The background looked a little plain, so I used my black gel pen to randomly add some dots around the flower spray.


The sentiment was a simple white-heat embossed greeting from the MFT Bitty Birthday Wishes set onto a strip of black cardstock.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team