Monday 16 September 2019

Confetti and Cake

I thought I'd take a break from the Autumnal theme this week and bring you a
 couple of yummy birthday cakes instead. Concord & 9th have a great party confetti
 turnabout stamp in the latest release to reach the store and a brilliant cake die to go with it...


I stamped the confetti background in shades of blue and yellow then used the dies to make a huge sponge cake oozing with strawberry jam!! I've added detail to the die cuts using ink blending and alcohol markers. To add stripes to the candles you can either cut them from patterned paper or use a stamp. The Jam is made by trimming down the scalloped die cut.
 I couldn't resist adding this sentiment... isn't it great!!



For this second card I went very girly.... that scallop die made me 
think of the ombre icing you see on fancy cakes..


I coloured a piece of copy paper with four shades of pink alcohol marker before cutting 
the scallops and layering them onto the cake die, using paper is better for layering without bulk.
 I heat embossed the confetti background in white onto kraft coloured card, then cut it using a round
 tag. I added a white vellum tag over the top with an organza ribbon to secure them together.


With such a girly cake I had to go with a suitable sentiment from Bitty Birthday 
messages which I curved to match the shape of the tag


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team