Friday 20 September 2019

Warhol Pop Art Retro Telephone Hello Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Friday!

I'm a big fan of vintage/retro stuff, and a big fan of Pop Art! So when I saw the Altenew It's For You stamp set with that awesome vintage phone I just knew what I had to do:


Awesome, right?!


I started my trimming my card base out and dividing the space into quarters. I stamped my detail stamp first using Versafine Clair inks, then overstamped with a paler, water-based colour.


I overstamped the phones with Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I then masked off each square in turn and swiped the background colours on using a water-based ink! Because the embossing powder resists the ink I was able to use a slightly damp tissue to buff the colour off the phones to retain their colours!


I wanted a retro style sentiment so I reached for a fan favourite - the SugarPea Designs You're My Type stamp set! I stamped my sentiment in the centre using Versafine Onyx Black ink and I was all done!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!







1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team