Sunday 7 October 2018

A Heap of Cakes

I've moved away from Christmas today as I needed to top up my birthday card stash and I'm trying to avoid eating sugar my mind naturally went to cake!  So I have lots of cake on my cards thanks to Concord and 9th's Top It Off stamp set which gives you lots of ways to combine a cake

For my first one I went off the edge to give the impression of a huge cake and layered it up with the 3 cake layer stamps but repeating the striped layer - because I went off the edge this gives me the opportunity to get more layers but still get the stepped look.  I went with pinks and greys and stamped the fun sentiments directly into the cake as the cake itself fills the card.  A few dots of Oyster Grey Nuvo drops give the look of icing to finish it off.



For the second card I went with a more autumnal colour scheme of orange and browns and this time added the candles to the top.  Finishing with liquid pearl icing highlights and a couple of sentiments from MFT's Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes as finding sentiments from other sets is a great way to get variety from your stamps and this sentiment goes perfectly with cake cards!   I used inks from Warm and Cozy and Summer Afternoon from AlteNew.


I made one more card with a more weddingy theme whilst I had the stamps out and this time just used one of the cake layers but masked it off for the top two tiers to get the stepped up look just using one stamp.   I used tea party, warm gray, and red sunset inks and finished with "icing" in oyster grey and liquid mercury.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

We will get the latest release from Lil Inkers in store later today or tomorrow - last week was a difficult week and we fell behind on store admin and are still playing catch up.

The latest release from MFT is in transit but it did ship late due to a PayPal issue so it may not be here in time for release day but we'll get it live as soon as we can.

The latest release from Concord and 9th is ordered but they never ship until around the 10th or 11th once they've got over their retail rush.  We therefore normally get that release around a week after release.

AlteNew have a stamp and die release on the 11th October - we are waiting for it to ship so are not yet sure if we will have it for release day or  not.  The new brush markers will come with that release as will the new build-a-flower.  As that brand are pretty much doing weekly releases, it is just impossible to keep up-to-date so we are trying to get them to ship everything that is released in a month ahead of time so we can release when they do but it's not proving possible at the moment. 

Mama Elephant have another release on the 15th which is gorgeous again and we will have that for release day along with whatever restocks on the last release they have available.

Neat and Tangled have just sent their new release details to us so that will be ordered this week.

We should also be able to order the new Hero Arts monthly add-ons this week (kits only available direct from them)

That's all for this week

Tara




2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love birthday cake? Your cards are fabulous and I love the Nuevo "icing"! Thanks for the store updates too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cake cards Tara and as always you sound super busy! Have a freat Sunday x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team