Wednesday 3 October 2018

Accenting With Gold

Hello, Tallie here and a happy Wednesday to you!

Today I have a couple of cards that use gold accents to brighten up an otherwise clean and simple card design. I posted a couple of weeks ago using this Grateful for Everything set from Concord & 9th, but it really is fast becoming one of my favourites for a whole host of card designs.


The first set is a thank you card for a very kind and generous lady, and uses the main sentiment from the set. I love the mix of handwritten and typewriter fonts. I started out by masking off a strip along the top section of the card panel and stamping the main floral arrangement from the Grateful for Everything set. I then used the coordinating background stamps to stamp out the background in some Broken China Distress Oxide inks. This gave me a good base to colour with my alcohol markers.


I used a strip of gold mirror board to adhere along the bottom of the panel, stamping out the sentiment towards the bottom right corner. A gold gel pen helped to accent the colouring and tie in the gold strip.


As I was making this card I received the sad news that one of my family members passed away so my next card is a sympathy card. I followed the same process, only colouring in the flowers with yellows and oranges. Again, I used the gold strip at the bottom of the coloured panel and stamped out the 'WITH SYMPATHY' sentiment from the MFT Essential Sentiments set.


This design is really versatile, especially if you are limited on time and do not want to colour a whole panel. The background stamps really help to speed up the colouring process!

Thanks for reading!

Tallie

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team