Wednesday 31 October 2018

It's Penguining to look a lot like Christmas!

Hello, Tallie here with some chilly little penguins getting ready for Christmas. I know it's Halloween but I don't celebrate the spooky holiday so I'm going festive today. Not to panic anyone but we only have 56 days to make all the cards!


I started by stamping out all the cute penguins and accessories in the Mama Elephant Cool Penguins set onto some blending cardstock using MFT Extreme Black Ink. I coloured these in with my Copic markers, sticking to a pretty basic festive colour scheme. When finished, I added a few finishing touches with my white gel pen and added a layer of Wink of Stella for some sparkle. I cut these out with my Scan N Cut, though there are coordinating dies available.


To build up the background scene, I used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die to cut out two white panels. From one of these I used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border die to cut out some snowy hills. I used some Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Ink to add some dimension to the top of the hills.

On the other panel, I blended on some Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink to create a bright background sky. I flicked on some water droplets and some watered down acrylic paint to give the impression of falling snow.


For the sentiment, I white heat embossed the sentiment from the Mama Elephant Cool Penguins set in the top left corner. Then all that was left to do was to put the scene together! I used a mixture of liquid glue and foam tape to give some dimension. Lastly, a few sequins to add a little sparkle to the background!

Thanks for reading and I hope I didn't panic you too much! :)

Tallie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team