Tuesday 2 October 2018

Birthday Wishes with Small Images


Happy Tuesday!


For my card today, I’m using some images included in the MFT Happy Hippos stamp set. These smaller images are fun to use around a birthday sentiment. You could of course add a hippo or bird too, but I wanted to keep the card simple and focus on the sentiment.

I began by stamping the images and colouring them in with copics. I then cut them out and added some clear glitter and white gel pen accents.


I cut a piece of white card to be the same size as my card base. You could work directly on a card base, but when heat embossing, I prefer to work on a separate piece of card then adhere it to my card base. By doing it that way, the card base isn’t warped from the heat.


I heat embossed a greeting in gold from the MFT Handwritten Happiness stamp set. I then temporarily arranged the images around the card, to help me work out where the spaces were, before embossing in silver and gold, some firework and star images from the MFT Fireworks stamp set

I adhered the panel to my card base with liquid glue, then added the images with foam tape and some embellishments to finish.



Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team