Friday 5 October 2018

What a deer face!

Sometimes a product comes along that just makes you smile - the new "deer face" die from Flora and Fauna did exactly that.  It is SUCH a fun idea for a die and I LOVE it and better still the card I had in my head translated exactly to paper which doesn't always happen!!!


The face of deer is all one piece and then the eyelashes cut separately.  I just die cut the whole thing from kraft added a touch of shading to the head then coloured the mouth and eyelashes with a black marker and added glitter drops for the nose (2 layers to get a nice big shiny nose!) and antlers.

To make the card I simply die cut a window using the super-useful MFT Jumbo Peek-A-Boo circle die set from a sheet of paper from the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Christmas pad.  I emphasised the dotted details of the die by adding red glitter drops all the way around and finished with my favourite sentiment for Christmas this year from Hero Arts Wonder and Magic of Christmas set which I think fits perfectly as the deer looks as though they have their eyes closed in a wish!

If Flora and Fauna is a new brand to you (they've only been around a couple of years and are hard to get in the UK) then do check out their brand page in our store as they have really fun and quirky designs that may have passed you by.  Flora and Fauna Brand Page at Seven Hills Crafts Limited




Catch you Sunday

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team