Sunday 19 June 2016

A Non Father's Day Post

It occurs to me that this year, we haven't given you the masculine themed week we did for Father's Day last year.  I must admit I find the day hard since my own Dad has passed but it is more a case that the last few weeks have been super busy.  We are trying to find a new house so we can have more space to bring you more of the products you keep asking for ;-)


So my nod to Father's Day today is this masculine "thinking of you" card using the brand new Seaside stamp set from Reverse Confetti along with the Hero Arts Wave stencil and an older but new to us die set from My Favorite things called Let's Get Nautical which will work with all the sea themed stamp sets which have been a strong theme across all our brands this summer.  The large porthole die is perfect for framing sea-scenes!

We had so much new product recently though I had to get my hands on some florals so I have another couple of projects to share.


Firstly I have a soft floral wreath from Lil' Inker Designs paired with one of their new scalloped dies which add such a fun and funky border - I really love them!   Here I used the Fringed Scalloped Square Die on soft green card and paired it with the Warm Welcome stamp and matching die and the complementary Welcome Word Die.  I used two shades of purple ink blended together on cardstock to cut the word from to ensure it matched the florals exactly - doing this helps keep a CAS card really cohesive.



Finally I went out of my CAS comfort zone in favour of some in your face bright florals with the gorgeous new Brushed Florals set from Mama Elephant.  This is a really easy to stamp floral set and I fancied doing something I haven't done in ages so I pulled out all my coloured embossing powders and went to town to create a card where all the colour comes from powders.  I simply stamped the leaves and embossed in lime green and then added pink flowers and for the larger blooms used two shades of yellow and orange to create some funky effects.  Some bright blue berries scattered around give it extra zing and then then I toned it all down and tied it together with a black die cut sentiment.





 NEWS FROM THE STORE
  • We are still waiting for Concord and 9th's new release and restocks (including the scripts) to ship. They had hoped to have received the stock from the manufacturer on Friday but it didn't arrive so fingers crossed they get it this week.  We will get it here just as soon as we can.
  • We will have some new papers from Echo Park and Simple Stories this week along with co-ordinating accessories, embossing folders and a few dies.
  • We will have a small restock order from MFT this week which include the spacers to work with the surf and turf dies along with more of the hybrid ink and reinkers.
  • We have our order for the amazing new release from Stamping Bella ready to go so we will get those just as soon as they are available to retailers.
  • We placed a MASSIVE restock order to Lawn Fawn this week but it usually takes around 2-3 weeks for them to turn around orders these days.
  • We know lots of the Altenew sets flew out of stock as soon as we got them last weekend - we do still have some of the new release but its is selling fast.  The inks have pretty much all gone again and are still oos at their end, although we do still have the large oval packs in 3 colours.  We are wait listed for the rest so will grab more when we see they come back into stock.



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the floral card. Waiting on the Sugar Pea release :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team