Wednesday 29 June 2016

Positively Pink!

Hi - Kate is taking a break this week so you're stuck with me again.   I needed to make something fun to brighten my life as its all been a bit difficult around here since the brexit vote so here's my effort to cheer myself up!


I've used one of the new paper pads we got in store yesterday as my inspiration - Summer Party by Echo Park cos I do have a thing for flamingos!   I used the oval flop die from MFT to create my base but removed the "flop" bit as I just wanted the interesting shaped front to my card.  I used the die again to create the dark pink mat - cutting it twice to make a complete oval.   The flamingo die is also from MFT and is coloured with 3 shades of markers.  I think often we are in the mindset of colouring stamps and cutting dies from plain card but you can colour your die cuts too for a much more realistic look.   The sentiment is from the co-ordinating stamp set called Tickled Pink.

Hope it's cheered you all up too and don't worry Kate will be back next week!

Tara





4 comments:

  1. Yep cheered me up..thanks x Loving the sentiment and your clever card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you cut the flamingo out of white and colour it? Or pale pink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From white Donna and then shaded it with a very pale pink marker before adding two shades of darker shading

      Delete
  3. I won't get started on the whole Brexit thing.. Urgh! Love that paper though, so summery! Such good colouring too, I've only just started out (wishing mine could look as good!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team