Friday 24 June 2016

A sparkly Hello with a resist watercolour wash.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm letting the sun lead the way by taking inspiration from some beautiful bright summer colours...


...ultimately aiming for a kind of sun-bleached, chilled out, laid-back vibe.


I started by stamping out this amazing Geometric grid Background Stamp from My Favourite Things on a piece of watercolour card and heat setting in clear embossing powder to act as a resist.  I love a great background stamp, even more than I love a cute critter stamp, and this is my newest favourite!  I'm really looking forward to doing a nice bright ombre wash across it.  It's one of those background stamps that works perfect with watercolour as it has all the little spaces for the colours to become trapped which makes for the coolest effect.  I used some beautiful bright yellows, greens and blues mixed with plenty of water, and washed them across my embossed background allowing my colurs to blend.


While that was drying, I cut this sweet little Duo Die 1 frame from  Paper Smooches, and white heat embossed the whole piece.  I then cut the 'Hello' form My Favourite Things Hello There Dienamics.  This is another new favourite for me, the font is just perfect, pretty but cool, and you get 'Hi', and 'there' in the set too so really great value for money.  I cut it from a scrap of sparkly silver paper I had in my stash, and a piece of white fun foam, before adhering them together.


I added a twirl of metallic thread and built up my elements on top of my panel, manipulating my 'Hello' die so that it fit nicely across my frame.
I kept things simple by embellishing with a scattering of gems and mounting onto a white card base, then left things there.


I really hope you like it, and as always, everything I used is linked below.

See you all next week.

Jillx

Geometric Grid BackgroundHello There DienamicsDuo Die 1

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team