Monday 20 June 2016

When Stamping becomes a Game!!

Hello there and Happy Monday morning to you, hope you had a good weekend :)

I'm excited to share my project with you today because it uses stamps to make a children's game!!


I found this DIY Memory card game in our local Tiger store and thought it was the perfect way to use some of those fun, cute images in the mountain of stamp sets I own ;) You get 44 sturdy blank cards which have a lovely papery finish one side and a glossy pattern the other. I decided to make mine a matching pairs game... it's one of my lads favourite games because he's pretty quick and good at it!!.


I used memento ink to stamp the images and then coloured with Copic markers. The blank paper side took both the ink and marker well but I was careful not to do too much blending and saturate the paper. For the solid stamps I used dye inks and they had a lovely coverage too.




When I'd finished colouring, I felt they needed a coat of mod-podge to seal them and make them more durable for playing with.... you can see the soft sheen on them in the photo above. I used the glossy type and it actually made the colours much more vibrant and eye-catching :)

I have used a lot of stamp sets for this project and I have listed them below with links but really it's about using what you have already. I also realise not everyone has a Tiger store local to them and they unfortunately don't do mail order but hopefully this will inspire you to get creative and use your stash to make fun games to play too :)

Lawn Fawn Stamps:

MFT Stamps:

Paper Smooches:


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

9 comments:

  1. Hiya, what a great idea just love it :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant idea! My 3 year old loves games, and Tiger is one of my favourite stores! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun and so very personal and great patience, thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to make Memory card game for my daughter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to make Memory card game for my daughter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea and great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! It's always a good game and great brain-training. Excellent. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team