Sunday 12 June 2016

Lacy Flowers and Flamingos

I have a few cards to share today - we've had so much new stock this week I couldn't contain myself!   There was so much to choose from but there were a couple of items I have been waiting for so played with those first.


Firstly I was itching to play with the new Lacy Flowers dies from Waffle Flower - I LOVE an intricate die, particular now glueing them has been made so easy with stick-it!  Here I went with one of my all time favourite colour combos (yes I can do something other than teal and lime!) and die cut the top 4 layers from sunflower cardstock (with stick-it on the rear) and then die cut the top layer 6 times from grey card stock.  I layered up the flower and decided not to poke out the "bits" from on layer to give it a little meat and then added one of grey over the top layer before adding a yellow gem.  The remaining grey bits formed a border with liquid pearl centres and I added a black sentiment banner with Hello (from Waffle Flower flower circles stamp) embossed in yellow before adding the focal element on top.


I made another card for my sister in law (sorry if you're reading this Liz - its on its way!), this time just using the largest bottom layer but this time I foiled it.  I applied stick it to both sides of some thin white card and then added pumpkin deco foil to one side before running the die through the machine.  I added some floral papers to my card and dug out some old spellbinder dies for layering with more papers and some parchment.  The sentiment is from Concord and 9th's Wonderful Women set embossed in copper onto more parchment that was colouring with a copic marker.

Finally I have a couple of cards made using the amazing new flamingo color layering stamp from Hero Arts which I couldn't wait to get inky!


I made a simple one-layer version just by stamping the elements directly and adding a few splatters - it lines up really easy and the layers give such great impact.  The little extra stamps add lots of fun elements too.  I used all MFT inks for the flamingo in Pink Lemonade, Cotton Candy and Ripe Raspberry.  I tried a second version with different pink inks but the darkest one was a little lost so I stamped it again with versamark and embossed it twice - first with a bright pink powder and second with a tiny sprinkling of purple glitter in just one or two spots.  This one I cut out by hand (we didn't get as many dies as we ordered as Hero Arts didn't send enough to the distributor and are now oos!) and layered over a journal card from On Trend 2 onto a black card for added drama.  The sentiment was spelt out onto gold card to match the sentiment on the journal card.

 


NEWS FROM THE STORE:

It's been a bit of hectic week this with tonnes of new arrivals but I didn't manage to get them all online due to the large number of orders we received so the remaining two releases will be online as soon as I can manage on Monday or Tuesday.   So you can expect the following in store this week:
  • Reverse Confetti
  • Lil' Inker Designs 
  • Mama Elephant's new release will be available on the 15th
  • We have our order in for the Concord and 9th new release and restocks but are waiting for it to ship.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team