Monday 6 June 2016

Sweet Birthday Wishes


Hi there :)

It's been a whirlwind half term week here!! I think I've only had two days of it at
 home so today I'm sharing a card I made for a friends birthday last month. 


My friend loves her Cornishware china so I thought I'd try die-cutting one of the 
MFT Hot Cocoa Cups dies from watercolour card and recreate the classic blue and white stripes.
I used distress inks to paint with and although the lines are a bit wobbly 
and very much freehand, I'm quite happy with the result.

Now what to go with that cuppa coffee..... a macaroon or two three?? 
I used Avery Elles Bonjour set and stamped the small outline macaroons with
 coloured ink on water-coloured card before colouring them distress inks too.
 By using a similar tone ink I avoided a black outline which was more in keeping with the mug :)


I trimmed out the macaroons and then arranged my 'coffee break' scene... adding some steam coming from the cup too.
This is the first time for me using dies like this with watercolour card... 
I'd usually grab my patterned papers or white card & copic markers but this adds another 
option for using your dies, especially when they are a wintery themed set too ;) 

  


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x



1 comment:

  1. I love that blue and white crockery and your card just looks painted. Really gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team