Thursday 30 June 2016

It's been too long...

Hi crafty friends, today I have a bright and cheerful card for you which combines products from several different companies. The star of the show is without doubt the adorable elephant from My Favorite Things' Sweet Safari stamp set, though. I colored him up for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge a while ago and was just happy how much life I could breath into this critter by using grey markers only.


Since I wanted him to really stand out, I decided to go with a monochromatic background that would make him pop. I am using my stencils not often enough, and in this case, the Sun Ray Stencil by My Favorite Things came in handy. I only wanted the rays, not the sun, but the elephant covered up the circle so that wasn't a problem. I used two different Distress Inks – the light one covered the entire background, and with the darker one I sponged in the rays.


I wanted the elephant to stand on a grassy ground but didn't want any more color, so I left it white and I love the contrast this plain piece of paper provides. I also traced the outline of the sentiment from Wplus9 with a white gel pen for additional contrast and it looks almost like a sticker.


Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great day!

There are many alternatives to the grassy border die you can pick from, for example the Grassy Trio Creative Cut, Grassy Edges Dienamic, or Grassy Field Dienamic.

1 comment:

  1. This card is stunning, I really love the vibrant yellow background against the white and grey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team