Monday 18 March 2019

Birthday Bears


Now here's a fun gathering.... I think they've come for the birthday picnic!!!
I've used the Avery Elle set called All of Us and used 'masking' to stamp two rows of bears


They're a fun bunch to colour.... we have quite a mix of bears there. I trimmed the piece out 
so I could add an interactive element behind this furry bunch.....


If you pull the tab, one of the bears holds up an extra part to the birthday message.

I've used the Double Slider Loops Slot Die from MFT to make the mechanism and cut it into
 the front of a card base.... probably not the best idea but I made it work 😉. The slider with the smallest gap was still too long for what I needed so I ran the die through twice to cut each slot with a custom space between them... this would've been much easier on a card panel not the base!! This is what the card base looked like before adding the bears. 


I attached a card strip to reduce sideways movement of the pull tab and because all of this was 
inside the card, I added a panel of card to hide it all



I used a piece of black card as a contrasting frame for the birthday bears to peek through 
and the balloons are just coloured circles with hand-drawn strings.
 Faux white stitching and a sentiment finishes it off perfectly :)


You can find a video by MFT showing you how to use and assemble the double slider
 mechanism on their You Tube Channel HERE

     

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team