Thursday 14 March 2019

Floral Distress Oxide Bleaching

Today I have a floral card to share with some simple colouring and the distress oxide bleaching technique.


I began by adding Shabby Shutters distress oxide ink to a panel of white card. On this, I stamped some images and a sentiment from the Altenew Hello Sunshine stamp set. I added some smaller stamped images around the panel, using Shabby Shutters distress oxide ink, to fill in the gaps.


Next, I chose two blue-green copic markers and coloured in the flowers. I deliberately went outside the lines and missed areas, to give the colouring a loose feel.

For the leaves, I first painted them with plain water using a small brush, then used a paper towel to blot them dry. By adding water, the distress oxide ink is reactivated and some of the colour can be removed, giving a bleached look.


I added a panel of foam sheet before mounting it on a white card base. I finished with a few white jewels around the sentiment.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma


Altenew Hello Sunshine
Distress Oxide Inks





1 comment:

  1. Love the look of this! So pretty! I'm already thinking about stamps I own that would work for this. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team