Friday 8 March 2019

Stitching and Spinning

I've got a couple of cards to share today using different items from this week's new Waffle Flower Crafts release.

Firstly, I did a bit of stitching to create a simple birthday card.


I simply ran the new stitched rose die through my die cut machine on some 300gsm navy card (looks black but is navy!) and then spent a happy evening watching TV and stitching over the stitched lines it creates with pink embroidery floss.   It's fun to do and you see that the rose is actually made up of lots of stitched circles.

I then just embossed a simple sentiment from Hero Arts' Cheeky Birthday stamp onto vellum using new powders from Ranger which come in a sets of 4 in small pots so a great way to get more colours as a little goes a very long way.

A simple matt in matching pink to hold the vellum behind and we're done.

For the second card I needed a congratulations card for a job well done so used the new We Herd stamp and matching die as the focus on a reveal wheel.


If you are unsure how to put a reveal wheel card together then check out Lawn Fawn's introductory video on YouTube for a step by step guide.

I used the square wheel add-on die to create my base and stamped some of the streamers from the Hero Arts' Cheeky Birthday stamp I used on my previous card to add some celebratory details.   The sentiments stamped onto the wheel itself are from the new Spring Reveal Wheel sentiments which are for more than just spring as you can see!

I added the bunnies and balloons from the We Herd stamp set which were coloured with alcohol markers, trimming the bottom edge of the bunnies with the reveal wheel die to match the stitching.

It's actually my first ever reveal wheel card and they are really easy and lots of fun to make!

I'll be back on Sunday with some more inspiration.

Tara







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team