Thursday 7 March 2019

Black And Gold Gatsby-Inspired Congratulations Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

The Art Deco Gatsby-inspired look has been trending for a while now and it really speaks to my gold-coveting heart! It's just so perfect for both masculine and feminine cards, and for any occasion too!

Hero Arts clearly felt as inspired as I did, with their Deco in the City Bold Prints stamp and Deco Celebration stamp set really celebrating the trend. I couldn't wait to bring them together in a black and gold-laden beauty:


So sophisticated! I love how this turned out!


I started by stamping the bold background stamp with black ink, needing to ink up the stamp a few times so my stamping was even. I then heat embossed the design with black embossing powder before swiping gold inkpads over the design and blending in to get the gold lines between the bold black shapes!


I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and corner decorations with black ink and black embossing powder. I added a few hand-drawn lines then trimmed out my sentiment and adhered it in place with dimensional glue gel. A simple card that packs a punch!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team